Council Member Dave Martin would like to make residents aware of an upcoming Mobile Hurricane Harvey Recovery Center event taking place in District E this month. Intake specialists will be available to assist families with guidance on recovery programs and resources under the City of Houston Homeowner Assistance Program (HoAP).
The event will take place on Monday, April 15, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., at the May Community Center, 2100 Wolf Road, Huffman, TX 77336.
If you were affected by Hurricane Harvey, please take the Harvey Recovery Survey before the upcoming event:
- Online at https://recovery.houstontx.gov
- By phone at 832-393-0550 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Or in person at any of the 4 new Housing Recovery Centers (HRC’s)
The Recovery Survey is a tool to direct residents to the appropriate recovery program and to help the City prioritize those with urgent needs. No documentation is required to take the Recovery Survey, and it takes less than 15 minutes to complete. While priority will be given to low and moderate income homeowners, assistance is available to homeowners of all income levels. An Intake Specialist will contact you after you complete the Survey regarding next steps.
If you need assistance filling out the Survey, please call 832-393-0550 or visit one of the stationary HRC’s:
- Northeast: 9551 N. Wayside, Houston, Texas 77028
- Northwest: 13101 Northwest Freeway [Hwy. 290], Suite 101, Houston, Texas 77040
- Southwest: 6464 Savoy Drive, Suite 110, Houston, Texas 77036
- Southeast: 11550 Fuqua St., 3rd floor, Houston, Texas 77036 (in District E)
The stationary centers are open Monday and Tuesday, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday from 9:00 to 3:00 p.m. These centers are closed on Sundays. For a map, please click here.
The City received the $1.17 billion for housing recovery through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the State of Texas General Land Office. The recovery funds include the HoAP, which offers five program options including:
- Reimbursement for completed repairs
- Homeowner-managed rehabilitation
- City-managed rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Interim mortgage assistance.
For more information, regarding this project please contact the Houston Recovery Center by calling 832-393-0550 .